Oral Surgeon Washington DC
The Washington Institute for Mouth, Face, and Jaw Surgery is devoted to providing the highest quality oral surgery care for patients in Washington, D.C. Directed by Dr. Steven Guttenberg and Dr. Jarred Abel board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons, the Institute also provides professional education for doctors and students who come from around the world to train and observe.
Dr. Guttenberg was awarded the “Outstanding Surgical Attending” at Washington Hospital Center.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon Washington DC
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery requires up to six additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training. Our surgeons manage a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, face and jaw. We practice a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from cosmetic facial surgery to corrective jaw surgery and wisdom tooth removal. He can also diagnose and treat facial pain, facial injuries and TMJ disorders, and performs a full range of dental implant procedures.
Dental Implants Washington DC
Dental implants are used to replace lost or missing teeth. Our doctors have combined to place over 30,000 implants. The high success rate of the dental implants placed is continually scrutinized. Many factors are evaluated including the following:
- The number of dental implants placed and how long they have been in the jaws
- The average period of follow-up after dental implant placement
- The location of the dental implants (upper or lower jaw)
- The length and width of the dental implants
Dental Implants Presentation
To provide you with a better understanding of dental implants, we have provided the following multimedia presentation. Many common questions pertaining to dental implants are discussed.
Wisdom Teeth Removal Washington DC
Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to erupt within the mouth, usually around the time we turn 18 years of age. Historically this was considered the ‘Age of Wisdom’. When they align properly, and gum tissue is healthy and the wisdom teeth do not have to be removed. Unfortunately, this does not generally happen. It is necessary to remove wisdom teeth when they are prevented from properly erupting within the mouth.
Poorly positioned impacted teeth can cause many overall health problems. Early removal of wisdom teeth is recommended to avoid any future problems, such as the formation of cysts and tumors, and to decrease the surgical risk involved with the procedure.
Learn More about Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Visit our Wisdom Teeth Procedure page.
- Learn how impacted wisdom teeth can be harmful for you and your other teeth.
- Call for an appointment: The Washington Institute for Mouth, Face, and Jaw Surgery in Washington DC Phone Number 202-466-3323 or fill out an Appointment Request form.
- Find self care tips for after removal of wisdom teeth.