BOTOX® Cosmetic Treatment
What is BOTOX?
BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxin Type A) is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary). It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
BOTOX® Cosmetic has an established record of experience that Dr. Guttenberg knows and trusts — it’s precise and predictable. Dr. Guttenberg decides precisely how to administer BOTOX® Cosmetic for best results.
Having a treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic is one way to temporarily treat moderate to severe frown lines between the brows (glabellar lines).
What Is the Treatment Process
The treatment process for BOTOX® Cosmetic is simple. Here’s what you might expect at Dr. Guttenberg‘s office from the moment you arrive until your procedure is done.
Before the BOTOX Treatment
- You will schedule a consultation with Dr. Guttenberg to determine whether you are a candidate for treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic
- At your consultation you should tell Dr. Guttenberg about your goals to determine where to administer BOTOX® Cosmetic. To do this, Dr. Guttenberg may examine your ability to move certain muscles in your brow area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create furrow between your brows can vary among individuals.
- You should ask Dr. Guttenberg any questions you may have about your expectations for treatment.
- Finally, you and Dr. Guttenberg treatment goals and finalize a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
During the BOTOX Cosmetic Treatment
The administration of BOTOX® Cosmetic involves:
- No anesthesia is required. However, Dr. Guttenberg may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
- Dr. Guttenberg will administer a few tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows.
- Approximately 10 minutes for the entire treatment injection sites.
After the BOTOX Cosmetic Treatment
- No downtime is needed — you’re ready to get on with your day.
- Our Clinical Staff will give you specific aftercare instructions.
- Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
- Side effects quickly subside.